Decorating & Furniture/furniture and wall painting

Question
I have a mocha colored sofa and a wood coffee table which has sections inside filled with rocks, potpourri, petals, etc. I will be purchasing other wood furnishings for my living room and I'm wondering what to paint the walls. I was thinking a dark yellow. Do you think that would be too much? I'm tired of white walls doing absolutely nothing and I'm not sure if I'm just going too drastic or if it would possibly look okay.

Answer
HI Jill,
I think the yellow would be fine - although it will be a big change for you. Another option is a warm sage color - it wouldn't be quite a drastic change.
I would recommend buying a couple of those little bottles of paint and try the yellow on one wall and the sage on another wall, just to get used to color and see which one you like best.
The painted area needs to be at least 1 foot square so you can see the paint.
Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner