Decorating & Furniture/trim

I have inherited an antique sideboard that fits exactly (66") into an alcove in my dining room. There is a long wall (12') then the back wall (67") then a short return wall (19"), the front of the sideboard extends past the edge of the short return by 3" or so.  The sideboard is on tapered legs (2 at back and 3 at front) and the quarter round will not fit on the sides. On the back it will fit but I don't want to set the piece of the wall which would happen if we put quarter round on the back of the alcove.
We could piece it in around the legs or not have any, input would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi Pam,
Sorry for the delay in answering your question.
For some reason my "expert" question e-mails have not been reaching me for the past two weeks.
Anyway, I would say you should not have any quarter round at all behind the piece.
I think it will look best this way.
Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory