Decorating & Furniture/window treatments

I would appreciate your advice on window treatments. Our family room has one small double hung window and a slider door. What type of window treatment can be used for both the window and door that will be both attractive and offer privacy.  Also, can the treatments be different?  Your suggestions would be truly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi Camille,
The window treatments can be different, but they need to be made of the same fabric or a complimentary fabric.
I would recommend a roman shade for the small window and then panels on rings for the slider door.
I if you don't have a transome over the slider door, you can also add a cornice board over the door as well as over the small window with the roman shade.  This will just dress it up a bit.
Thanks for writing, hope it helps with your project.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory