Decorating & Furniture/window treatments

Question
I would appreciate your advice on window treatments. Our family room has one small double hung window and a slider door. What type of window treatment can be used for both the window and door that will be both attractive and offer privacy.  Also, can the treatments be different?  Your suggestions would be truly appreciated.  Thank you.

Answer
Hi Camille,
The window treatments can be different, but they need to be made of the same fabric or a complimentary fabric.
I would recommend a roman shade for the small window and then panels on rings for the slider door.
I if you don't have a transome over the slider door, you can also add a cornice board over the door as well as over the small window with the roman shade.  This will just dress it up a bit.
Thanks for writing, hope it helps with your project.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner