Decorating & Furniture/Adding more color

Hi Rachel, I have a comforter set that is seafoam (I think that's the color)beige and brown. If you like you can see it at the name is Waverly Ellora. What other colors can I add to those two? It seems kind of blah this way. Would it be ok to add a plaid or striped pillow? My furniture is honey oak and the carpet is beige. The wall paint is beige, Sherwin Williams #6107 Nomadic Desert, darker than the carpet. I hope you can help. Thank you

Hi Donna,
With that bedding I think a navy blue would be a nice color to coordinate. I probably would go with a solid navy blue pillow and drapes instead of a plaid or stripe because it might compete too much with the bedding pattern. Sometimes you just have to try different things and see what works. Good luck!

Rachel Mallon
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book