Decorating & Furniture/Fireplace throw pillows

My question is very basic. Do people sometimes decorate with big throw pillows on or around the fireplace hearth? And if so, how is it done to look 'right'? I can't find any pictures online of how it would look.

Normally you don't find pillows around fireplaces because it can catch on fire too easily. I would recommend adding large ones to the side of the fireplace. If you can send an image I can tell you where to locate them.

Rachel Mallon
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book