Decorating & Furniture/Grand Piano Placement

Question
Hi, I have a living/dining room that is 12' by 25'. On the short sides, one side is mostly windows and the opposite side has an opening in the middle leading to the servery and kitchen. On the long sides, one side is a long wall that has a window near the short side with the doorway. The other side is a wall, but with three openings that lead to the main foyer. When I enter from the front door, the first thing I see to my left is the first opening of the living/dining room. I have a baby grand piano that is 4'11' and I am wondering where to put it. We are leaning towards placing it towards the windowed wall, and putting a dining table in the dining half of the room. Please help us. Thanks!

Answer
LivingDiningFloorplan
LivingDiningFloorplan  
I would not recommend putting the piano near the window because outside walls can offer three main dangers to pianos:

1. dampness
2. temperature changes
3. direct sunlight

I have attached a floor plan sketch that is to scale of your living/dining space that will work with your piano. Hope this helps!

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID