Decorating & Furniture/Painting my brand new house

My house has that boring off-white color that builders use, I've been thinking about adding color to make it more warm and cozy. My kitchen/dining/living room are all connected. The cabinets in my kitchen are white, with gray countertops and black appliances. I'm thinking on painting most of the house in a neutral sand or light brown color with the exception on the bedrooms (haven't decided the themes yet) but I'd love to have an accent wall or two in the living room since my sofas are light beige. Maybe a bright gree for the wall, with black accents in frames and shelves. Although this brings the question, what colot will the kitchen be? I don't want it to look like a pinata or something. If I've already decided green for the living room and neutral for the rest of the house, would a different color in the kitchen cause too much chaos?
Please help. Thanx in advance!!!

I like the idea of having an accent wall in green. I think behind the sofa would look nice. If you want to paint the kitchen I think a soft golden yellow would be really pretty. I have attached your image photoshopped to show you how the paint colors would look. One with the kitchen in a neutral sand and one in the golden yellow. Hope this helps and good luck!

Rachel Mallon
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book