Decorating & Furniture/What color walls & sectional?

Question
I'm in need of color help in my living room.  My walls are cream, my window treatments are cream, my carpet is beige and my fireplace is a taupe field stone with white grout.  My current sectional is a purplish brown that doesn't go with anything.  I am planning to buy a new sectional w/chaise or sofa, love seat and chaise, but I don't know what color to get.  The window treatments are new, but I want to pull some color into the room.  I really like sage, but not sure if I should use on the walls or sofa or how to pull it all together.  The room is my living room/dining room combo and measures 36 x 17.  I need something kid/pet friendly that won't show every single stain.  Any suggestions would be appreciated

Answer
Definitly sounds like you need some color in your room! You definitly need to add some contrasting colors in that room. Since you are buying a new sectional or sofa you really could go with a number of different colors since your room pretty much sounds like a blank slate.

I would suggest you look at alot of living rooms and see what look/style/colors you are drawn to. I talk about this on my blog: www.ourcreativelife.blogspot.com
If you like sage green, you could go with a sage sectional and bring in a pop of color with pillows. I have tan/taupe walls, beige carpet, a sage green sofa with an animal print tapestry pillows, my accent color is a rust burgundy color. Just use the 60, 30, 10 rule. You can learn what that is here: http://ourcreativelife.blogspot.com/2008/10/decorating-use-60-30-10-color-rule.h

Hope that helps!
Darlene,Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design
www.creativecarpetdesign.com

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer