Decorating & Furniture/curtain and rug color

Hi, I'm totally lost in selecting the right colors for curtains and the rug for our living room. We have white walls, dark red floors, dark brown furniture and beige/grey leather couch and armchairs. Please let me know what would look good with those colors. Livingroom has 2 big corner windows. Another questions i have - does rug supposed to be in the middle of the room or by the edge of couch and chairs?

Hi Milla,

Sounds like you have alot of contrast going on in that room! I am trying to visualize the room and seems like it is very modern I correct? It would help me to help you if you could email me a picture of your

The rug should be anchored under your furniture. Not neccessarily completely under the furniture but under the front legs of your couch.

Creative Carpet Design

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer

I can answer questions regarding custom rugs, carpet fibers, custom rug design, rugs colors

I am owner of a custom rug manufacturing business Creative Carpet Design We design & make all of our rugs ourselves. We ship our custom made rugs all over the US and Canada.

Life & Home Magazine

Trained & certified as a Custom Rug Maker & Sculptor

Too Many To List