Decorating & Furniture/Picking out a color for leather furniture

Question
We have a large oak entertainment center and are considering purchasing a living room suite that is leather.  We need help in selecting what color of leather would best compliment the oak wood.  Our walls are a light tan and the fire place is white with traditional brick.  We like the traditional look with a little bit of country.

Answer
Hi Greg, I would choose a leather that is a dark carmel brown or milk chocolate colour. The best type of leather for the look you're going for would be to select a worn in, aged leather.  Don't go for the shiny smooth type, it'll create a more contemporary feel.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi