Decorating & Furniture/flooring

I have an open concept downstairs with the living room and kitchen.  the living room has taupe colored leather couches and the entertainment center is a maple wood with a stain that tends toward the reddish end, but still brown as well.  The kitchen has blonde cabinets and cream colored countertops. They were there when we bought the house, and still look very good, so we are not replacing them, although blonde cabinets are not necessarily my preference.  My question is, I am replacing the flooring in both rooms.  I want wood laminate, but so far have not found a good color that matches the three color themes in the two rooms (ie. taupe, reddish-brown wood, and blonde cabinets).  I can find ceramic laminate that has all three colors, and looks good, but I really wanted the wood look.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Hi Cindy,
The open floor plan is a great concept in itself, but, it can be a little overwhelming to decorate cohesively. You may want to step out of your comfort zone by not trying to match the three colors you have. Instead, why not try to use a color that will make each of the colors look their best. I am thinking of a charcoal gray, or somewhere in a gray blue. all three of these colors will really pop against this neutral that can work in either a cool or warm space, you have both in terms of the woods. There are several options to choose from. Try mohawk or Mannington flooring. The gray will leave countless options for accent colors in the space. Good luck. hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.