Decorating & Furniture/kitchen color

We just finished our new kitchen. Cinnamon stained cherry cabinets, giallo veneziano counters, stainless appliances and wood floors. I need suggestions on wall color and what stains for floor would be best match. It has an eat in area with large windows. The living room wall is visible from kitchen and I am looking for colors to coordinate for all. It's so hard to pick colors. I prefer Benjamin Moore only.

Hi Luisa, sorry for the late reply.  Given the information you have provided, I would suggest Benjamin Moore's Summer Harvest (CC-190) as your kitchen wall colour.  As I can't see the exact shades of the cabinets and countertops, this is just my best estimate.  Use your discretion, overall if you pick a neutral with warm yellow undertone it should look fine.

For the floor, bring in samples of various stains and try to match it up with one of the medium tones on your counter top, that should co-ordinate beautifully.

As for you living room colour;  choose something within the same colour family as your kitchen colour, again as I don't know the colour of your living room furniture and accessories, it is hard for me to pick an exact colour.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.