Decorating & Furniture/painting hallways

Question
livingroom
livingroom  
Hi Shamim, I painted my livingroom in sandstone cove from Behr.  Now, I would like to paint both hallways (downstairs and upstairs), can you give me any suggestions for choosing a paint color. I am debating if I should go with a color that would add contrast or a color that would blend nicely with the livingroom. The livingroom has a brown chocolate laminate floor. I attached a picture for a better idea. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Elsa,  You have a beautiful home.  As you space is open concept I would say to choose a colour  that does blend overall and not create to much contrast.  Creating contrast would break up the space.  Behr's Oat Straw (740C-3) will work beautifully with your existing wall and floor colour.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi