Decorating & Furniture/wall color

Hello, My husband and I have purchased a beach home. Staying with the beach theme we are experimenting with wall color. I have chosen a mint green for our master bedroom. The room is now painted and waiting on white trim work. We have two windows and will have white levour doors for the closet. The color seems so bright to me. I rally want to stay with the color. Can you recommend accent colors and any thing to help tone it down.

Hi, Dana.  I would recommend for the theme that you're trying to create and to help tone down the green, accent colours in shades of brown, sand, coffee and cream.  If this doesn't help tone it down you may need to repaint your room.  Choose a more neutral coloured shade(like the ones mentioned above)but with a hint of green to it.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.