Decorating & Furniture/wood floors

My kitchen Cabniets.
My kitchen Cabniets.  
I have a 1600 sqf home  open floor plan.  I am installing engineered wood floors  and removing my slate ones in the dining room( which has a wall that divides it from all the other rooms, but is still very visible)kitchen ,living room, kitchen nook, entry way.  Which is 810 sqf , I have no idea of wether to go light or medium wood tones. What do you Suggest?  I am getting rid of All MY EXISTING furniture and going New Traditional Or Modern Traditional Furniture and accessories..... What do you think about teak wood flooring by Timbercreek Floors? I don't know if it would be to light or to busy... Please Help!!!

Hi Guisela,
I am a little confused, the picture is of your kitchen, but, your question seems to be about flooring for your dining room. I notice that your cabinets are very dark, and the teak is quite a bit lighter, therefore, it would create quite a contrast. If you are not planning to replace them, may I suggest that you sand and stain them a lighter shade, and add some stainless steel hardware to better coordinate with the teak, it will make the adjoining spaces more cohesive. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Toni Gibbs

I can't answer any questions in regards to structural, or commercial space planning. I can assist in choosing furniture, accessories, color choices, lighting, recommending resources to find what you are looking for.

My experience comes from a passion for decorating, and an inherent understanding of the "art of Interior Design."

Dress for Success (Professional Womens's Group)

I attempted to obtain a certificate in Interior Design from Sheffied School of Interior Design, but, did not complete the course. I realized that there were many areas that felt remedial to me, while there are many other areas that are helping me to continually expand my level of expertise.

Friends, family.