Decorating & Furniture/Decorating with Diff Colors

Hi, Im doing my my family room with orange colors and orange-red colors and i wanted to throw in some yellows and greens, i'm trying to figure out how to make it work though.any advice? can all those colors go together? i was planning on painting the walls in the room an orange-red color and i have dark brown curtains. please help me out! thank you!!

Hi Krista,

Yes, all those colors will work together.  Having said that, my suggestion for the draperies is to lighten them.  Dark drapes/curtains on dark walls do not provide essential contrast, and will inhibit light from coming in the windows.  You may want to use a pale shade of yellow, or a pale shade of green at the window, then carry that color through the room in accessories.

Happy decorating!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology