Decorating & Furniture/Paint

Question
Hello Jenny. I have a great room that has vaulted ceiling with wood beams. The room does not get alot of natural light which is why we are planing to install sky lights. I wanted to know what color would be best to make the room if my furniture (couch and hair is cream/light gray) and coffee table and tv stand is dark mahogony? Right now its like a light yellow butter color and we want the room to pop out. We are also thinking of putting dark hardwood floor. I like an elegant look. Thank you! Emi

Answer
Emi,

Installing skylights will be a great help in adding natural lighting.  Remember to also add task and ambient lighting through the use of floor lamps and table lamps.

Dark hardwood flooring is a great idea; it will "ground" the space and give it a great deal of character.  

I'd opt for a grey or taupe for the walls; very dramatic against dark furniture.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik