Decorating & Furniture/Painting a small bedroom using an accent color on one wall

Question
I have a 11' by 15' bedroom with 2 windows, with a beige carpet that we are keeping. When you walk in the bedroom door, the short walls are to the left and right with the closet immediately to the right, inconveniently behind the bedroom door.(they get in each others way). Standing in the doorway looking directly across is a single window.(on the 15' wall). Looking to the left in the middle of the 11' wall is the 2nd window. We've decided to put the headboard of the queen size bed in the middle of and against the 15' wall. So we're thinking a dark blue as accent and some sort of beige that matches the carpet for the other walls. Which wall should be the accent wall? Would it look ok to make the 11' wall to the left with the window in the middle the accent wall? Also, I always lean towards dark furniture.

Answer
The accent wall should be the one that the bed sits on; the one you immediately see when you enter the room.

Rather than beige and dark blue, consider a taupe with dark blue to add some visual interest to the space.  Check out Glidden's Toasty Grey.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik