Decorating & Furniture/Selecting the right Drapery

Hi Jenny,
   I just moved into  a new apartment, the upholstery on my couch and loveseat is a color called Saddle ( it looks like the color of cinnamon) The problem I am having is I don't know what color drapery would be best for the room.  

Hi Lisa,

Consider a chocolate brown drapery, and if privacy is an issue, add sheer panels over the window(s) as well.   

If you'd prefer a mix of color tones, look for a drapery that incorporates the "saddle" color as well as some white and either green or chocolate brown.  It can be a geometric, a pin-stripe or perhaps a floral print.

PS:  Staying with "autumnal" colors is best.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology