Decorating & Furniture/Wall colors

My daughter has a open floor plan in her home (kitchen, dining, and living room). Her sectional is a micro sage green, hard wood floors that are light with alittle red tone to it,an area rug with dk brown, tan, yellowgold, gray,greenbrown, and tan. The window treament is a light cocoa brown.Theyalso have a fireplace that is white tile and black front. What colors would you paint the room?

Hi Lori,

Since the floorplan is an open concept plan all the walls should be painted the same.  Based on what you've told me, your daughter could use a cocoa brown, a medium to dark shade of tan, or a pale sage green.  Taupe is an option since it's a blend of browns and greys.  My favorite taupe is Glidden's Toasty Grey.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology