Decorating & Furniture/bathroom mirrors

Question
vanity
vanity  
Hi Jenny, I am going to replace the two mirrors in our vanity. I have attached a picture.  The mirrors are too wide for the space. The mirrors are 28wx36h.  I need your help to determine what size would work best.  Either one big mirror or two mirrors. The lights cannot be moved nor the cabinets.  How much space should be between lights and mirrors, and mirror and bottom of backsplash. I would like to not have to get a custom mirror as they are expensive. What are your suggestions.  

Answer
Hi Elizabeth,

Center the mirrors under your light fixtures as you have done with the current ones.  Since you say you need to keep the lights, consider one large oval mirror.  (Without knowing the distance between cabinets I cannot give you an exact dimension, but it must fit between the two cabinets.)

If you don't like oval, then consider two round mirrors, or measure the distance between the two CENTER light globe sections and purchase a rectangular mirror that is that distance by 36". This could then be centered between the light fixtures and cover the entire wall surface less a few inches on either side (the distance from one light globe on either side.)  

And by the way, I don't think the current mirrors are too wide, I think the light fixtures should have been centered, or a single light strip used instead of two.

Good luck.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik