Decorating & Furniture/curtains & furniture layout

Question
I recently painted my living room toasty grey, I have dark brown leather furniture and medium hardwood (not yellow but not expresso) I'm stuck on drapery color and should it have a pattern?  

Answer
Hi Mandy,

You actually have a couple of choices.  Since everything is a solid color, you could:  a) incorporate a pattern or stripe in your draperies using all the colors already in the room or; b) choose to add an accent color to the space (like a red or cranberry) and incorporate that color in either a pattern/stripe/floral drapery and adding the same newly introduced color via throw pillows to your couch.  Bringing in an accent color will enliven your space.

Having said all of that, if your preference is solid colors over patterned ones, then by all means keep the draperies solid in color.  If that's your choice, add some needed pattern to the room via accessories like throws, an area rug incorporating all of your room colors, and throw pillows.

So many choices - isn't that wonderful?

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik