Decorating & Furniture/floor colour

Question
Hi Jenny,

we are completly renovating a Florida Condo we just bought. We will organize most of the work from Toronto, Canada. While down in Fl a few weeks ago we picked out tile for the entire condo unit. It's 1,100 square feet and we've been told larger tiles will make the place look bigger. We also like the look of larger tile,  we're probably going to get 16 x16 size. Lay them out straight lines not staggered. The colour we think we like best is off-white referred to at Lowes as "Lowes Rialto White".  Can you suggest colours for the trim and walls?

Thanks,
Mchele -in--Canada

Answer
Hi Michele,

Larger tiles do add visual space, particularly when they are laid on the diagonal.  You may want to consider using the 16 x 16 squares laid in that pattern rather than straight.  

Virtually any color will coordinate with the tile, but I particularly like and most often recommend Glidden's Toasty Grey.  It's a beautiful shade of taupe and works very well with most any style furniture.  As for the trims, they should all be white and best in a semi-gloss finish.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik