Decorating & Furniture/kitchen wall color

I'm painting my kitchen cabinets white and I'm not sure what colors I should use for the wall and railings. I will be using 2 thin railings almost middle ways of the wall and approximately 4 inches apart. Also, I won't to incorporate red into this color scheme. The floor is tile and is a neutral color close to beige.

Keep the railings and molding trims white.  If you want to incorporate red, choose a shade of red that isn't too too red and paint the walls.  You may want to consider painting red below the chair railing and paint the wall above the chair railing in a taupe or grey.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology