Decorating & Furniture/master bedroom, bathroom redo

Question
We are doing a complete redo of our master bath and a facelift to master bedroom. I have purchased bedding from Pottery Barn in the Matisse collection, blue porcelain/powder blue. In choosing paint for the walls, should the bedroom and bathroom be painted same color? Also, does the hardware for the cabinets and lighting, faucets need to match? Home was built in 90 so door knobs are antique brass, now the lighting choices are bronze, chrome etc. Original plumbing is chrome but I will be replacing all except in shower. Thank you!

Answer
Hi Emily,

Paint should coordinate from room to room but not match necessarily.  Using a darker or lighter tone of the same color looks best, and creates a cohesive feel.  

As for the hardware, try to replace everything so that it matches.  The door knobs are inexpensive to replace, ranging from $5 - $10 for indoor doors at your local home improvement store.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik