Decorating & Furniture/mirrors

Hi Shamim, I would like professional advice on these mirrors.
I want to replace them with more rectangular shaped mirrors.  Oval or round will not work as then again they would be too wide for the space. These ones are touching the sides of the cabinets.  The sinks are lined up directly under the lights.  Everything must stay as is, lights, cabinets. The mirrors right now are 28x36.  My question is what size mirrors do I need, should they come all the way down to line up with the bottom of the cabinets or is the height ok just the width should be more narrow? Please advise.  I have attached a picture, the cabinets are the same on both ends, I couldnt take the picture directly on. Here are some measurements. Ceiling height 10 ft, cabinet to cabinet 81", bottom of light fixture to bottom of cabinets 47", width of each sink 20", each light width 24", sink to sink 72" Thanks

Hi Elizabeth, My suggestion would be that the mirrors should be long and narrow.  Based on your photo, I would say the sides should be the same width as the metal on the lights or maybe even 1/2 to 1/4" narrower.  The height would look best at about 1" from the bottom of the light fixture and leave the same amount of space from the counter top. Also another suggestion; the candle holder that you have in the center needs to be a bit more substantial in size, taller to match the size of the new mirrors, but also wider to help fill in the empty space.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.