Decorating & Furniture/paint color

Question
I am having a hard time picking out a paint to go in a northeast facing master bedroom. The house is a new build. The room is 20x16.There is alot of filtered light in the room. I have french doors leading to a covered porch and a large floor to ceiling palladian window which is 9x7 on the opposite side of the doors.That window is facing the woods.
I have inherited a cherry Davis cabinet company Lillian russell set. Made in the early 40s.I had a tall cherry sleigh made to match the set because the double bed was too small for us. I have two warm burgandy chairs with a sagey olive,gold and navy paisley print I will be using in there. The paint colors I have been looking at are benjamin moore dry sage and olive branch. Also considering sherwin williams garden sage. Olive seems to pop the paisley in the chairs.Because of my light situation are these choices too dark? Should I be going to a lighter or brighter green? Do you have any suggestions? Is there a light olive shade that would be better? Thankyou.

Answer
Hi, Given the different colours that you have in your room: cherry furniture, burgundy, navy, gold and gren.  I wouldn't choose such a strong wall colour.  If you like the olive green, I would a suggest a more muted green.  Some suggestions would be:  Benjamin Moore's Florentine Plaster (CC-520)or ICI's Burmese Beige (40yy 51/084)or Fossil Grey (30yy/060).  Try paint samples of each and go with the one you like.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi