Decorating & Furniture/sofa color selection

Question
living room
living room  
Hello,

Based on the attached photos of my empty living room, what colors would you choose for sofa, accent chairs from the rug whose colors are black, camel, mossy green and burgundy. Is there a rule of thumb for selecting a color palette.

P.S. I built this fireplace, picked the dark hardwood distressed floors, wall color, and rug. So far I did pretty good. Now I need help with the upholstery goods.

Thanks,

Handy with a saw...nothingelse.  

Answer
Accent chair
Accent chair  
Hi Abbie, Wow! You did a great job, very impressive. When choosing colour palettes, I always like a start off point, in your case you've already got one; the rug.  Working with the rug, I would say a solid camel coloured sofa. Accent chairs in a neutral green, maybe with a little pattern to it, but not too overwhelming (see attached sample).  Bring in the black and burgundy through artwork and decorative pieces.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi