Decorating & Furniture/Space between mirror and lights

Question

I'm replacing my mirror and lights in the bathroom.  The light fixture base is 32 inches above the tile splash.  I found a 30 inch mirror from LampsPlus that will fit in the space. If I install a 3 light fixture above the mirror, with the lamps downward, the lamps will overlap the mirror by an inch or two. I am afraid if I install the lamps upward that there won't be enough good light for putting on makeup.  The lamps I picked can use 3 100 watt bulbs. Would the downward positioning of the lamps work?
Thanks!

Answer
vanity
vanity  
Hi Kris, The overlap and downward positioning of the light fixture will look fine, as long as the shades do not touch the frame of the mirror(the shades should be out further from the wall than the mirror frame) Ideally a little space between the two would be nice but it can still work(see attached image).  It might be better to use lower watt bulbs, as 3, 100watt ones maybe too bright.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi