Decorating & Furniture/blue bathroom fixtures

We had a realtor tell us that pale blue bathroom fixtures are coming back in style. Is she crazy? Our tub, toilet and sink are all pale blue. She thinks we don't need to change them to sell the house. If so, then what color should we paint the bathroom since the wallpaper is dated and peeling off?  Would yellow work? Thank you for your opinion.

Hi Helen, sorry for the late reply.  Blue bathroom accessories are fine but the rest, I'm not too convinced of.  I really would suggest changing the fixtures, if budget permits.  If you decide to keep the blue, painting the walls yellow will only make it stand out more.  Pair the blue with a chocolate brown or milk coffee colour on the walls and choose a brown and blue patterned shower curtain and accessories to tie it all in. You can even do a monochromatic colour scheme and use different shades of blue throughout your space.  Be sure to use different textures in the things you choose to keep it looking interesting.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.