Decorating & Furniture/color coordination in kitchen

Question
I just bought a house with 25 year old mid-tone maple kitchen cabinets. They are great quality & in good shape, but they have an orangy undertone that I don't care for. I plan to replace the current white tile countertop with granite. Any suggestions for colour that might neutralize the orange tones? How about wall colour? The one wall behind the cabinets has red/orange/brown tone brick.
Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Answer
Hi Linda, When choosing your granite countertop choose something in a darker (than your cabinets) brown and grey combination.  This will help tone down the orange in the cabinets and will also pick up on the brown thats in the brick.  For a wall colour one of my favourite grey/brown colours is  ICI's Roma Haze.  This maybe be a little dark when paired with you countertop and depending on the light in the space so use your best judgement when it comes to picking the final wall colour. Something again, with a grey/brown undertone will work well.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi