Decorating & Furniture/So many colors!

I just moved into a log cabin. The beams are a dark brown on the inside walls just like on the outside. My color scheme has been brown, tan and burgundy. My couch is tan, there are a few accents and the walls are brown, and my carpet is burgundy. I would love to throw in a bright contemporary color but I'm not sure which one to pick. I've thought about an orange or a yellow, but I've also considered going with an emerald green or a light blue. There's so many options! I don't know which will look best. HELP!

Hi Stefanie,  Given the colour scheme you currently have I would say a shade of red would look the best, complimenting the the burgundy and standing out against the tan and brown.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.