Decorating & Furniture/decorating ideas.

Question
chair
chair  
Hi Shamim,

My name is Phary.  My husband and i are in the process of opening a hair salon.  She space we are leasing is about 1,220 sf2, it has 14ft ceilings that are wood, There is also wood beams that run across the ceiling and some wood beams that drop into the place.  Two of the walls are of red brick, one wall will be put up that is sheet rocked in and the main wall that has the entry way will be of glass.  I hope that paints a good picture of the space.
Awhile back we purchased these beautiful grey chairs that have dark wood trim for arms.  We've also purchased these dark espresso colored wood nightstands that the stylists will use to store their implements and plan on using mirrors that are 6ft tall with that same dark espresso wood trim as well.  
I need help finding a color pallet that will complement those grey chairs, dark wood and red brick walls.  The space has no windows that's why we are putting in a whole wall that is glass to get as much natural light as possible, and of course lots of drop down lights.  
I've kind of designed my logo off of white orchids that have the purple/fuchsia in the inside.  
My problem is I think purples and like a dusty yellow would look great but how much is too much, what should be accent colors and what colors should the walls be?  
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phary.. attached are pictues of the chair  and end tables.

Answer
Hi Phary, The purple/fuchsia that's in your logo would make the perfect accent colour.  Bring  it in with vases, small cushions for the chairs and in artwork.  I think if you add in the yellow colour it may be too overwhelming.  If you really want to bring in some yellow, than choose a wall colour that is has a warm toned neutral base with a hint of yellow in it. If you decide not to go with this type of wall colour than an antique white colour for the walls would be best.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi