Decorating & Furniture/Adjoining rooms carpet colors

Question
Our 20x16 great room adjoins the master bedroom by a very small hallway.  The master bedroom has an almond colored high grade carpet, very tightly woven. I'm thinking about replacing the great room with a multi colored frieze.  Since the rooms adjoin, should I also replace the bedroom?  I'm trying to stay on a budget, and we plan to sell the house in about a year.  Thanks.

Answer
It is always visually more pleasing to have all the same flooring, so I do suggest if you are going to be replacing the carpet the make sure it is all the same. If hardwood flooring is a possible option for your great room and hallway I do suggest you go with that. Buyers want hardwood floors especially in the living areas. It is fine then to keep carpet in the bedrooms as that is more desirable for many. Wall to wall carpet in living areas is no longer considered desirable. Hope this helps!!

Darlene, Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design
www.creativecarpetdesign.com

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer