Decorating & Furniture/Adjoining rooms carpet colors

Our 20x16 great room adjoins the master bedroom by a very small hallway.  The master bedroom has an almond colored high grade carpet, very tightly woven. I'm thinking about replacing the great room with a multi colored frieze.  Since the rooms adjoin, should I also replace the bedroom?  I'm trying to stay on a budget, and we plan to sell the house in about a year.  Thanks.

It is always visually more pleasing to have all the same flooring, so I do suggest if you are going to be replacing the carpet the make sure it is all the same. If hardwood flooring is a possible option for your great room and hallway I do suggest you go with that. Buyers want hardwood floors especially in the living areas. It is fine then to keep carpet in the bedrooms as that is more desirable for many. Wall to wall carpet in living areas is no longer considered desirable. Hope this helps!!

Darlene, Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer

I can answer questions regarding custom rugs, carpet fibers, custom rug design, rugs colors

I am owner of a custom rug manufacturing business Creative Carpet Design We design & make all of our rugs ourselves. We ship our custom made rugs all over the US and Canada.

Life & Home Magazine

Trained & certified as a Custom Rug Maker & Sculptor

Too Many To List