Decorating & Furniture/Color scheme for curtains and accessories

We have a small living room with dark espresso leather furniture and a medium beige wall color. We rent our home so we can't change the walls. Can you suggest a color scheme for curtains and accessories to go with what we have?

Thanks for writing and for your question.  

I have 3 color choices for you to consider as accessories and/or drapery treatments:  Dark Red, Pale Icy Blue or Sage Green.  

These three colors will all have a slightly different feel in the space, but also work well in combination with one another.  You may want to shop for a rug that combines all the colors (chocolate, red, icy blue and sage green) and coordinate everything.  

If you choose to go with one particular accent color, remember less is more.  One vase on an end table, draperies and a throw pillow in red will get the point across.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology