Decorating & Furniture/Decorating bathroom

Question
entrance to bathroom
entrance to bathroom  
Hi.  I'm struggling with accent and decorating colors in master bedroom and bath.  room is painted a dark mauve/lavender, bathroom is dark burgundy.  the 2 rooms kinda run into each other, so it's hard to really separate the decorating.  Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Thanks so much for your time.

Answer
Hi Marisa,

Thanks for your question.  You're right in saying the two rooms should be treated the same as far as decor.  Most master bedrooms and baths are "coordinated" in color, meaning that while they do not have to be the same, they should complement one another in color and style.

Your best option here is paint and some elbow grease.  Since I don't know your style or color preferences, select a color that you want to surround yourself with, and a shade of that color that will be soothing to you in the master suite.  Paint both rooms in that color, or in different tones of the same color (moving up or down on the color swatch keeps you in the same tone).  

Since your vanity is light in color, you can afford a bit darker tone for the bath.  The contrast would be helpful.

Best wishes,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik