Decorating & Furniture/Decorating room with mirrored fireplace

Question
fireplace
fireplace  
Hi Jenny,
We just recently bought a home and I want to redecorate the Formal Living Room.  
I want to have a Tuscan style living room.  These are my ideas so far.  I will be painting the room of a caramel color.  Color of sofa will be caramel/beige/gold undertones.  Maybe get chairs of brown or copper color accents. Accents in room will be brown, copper, beige.  Dark brown coffee table.  And possible a cast iron bronze color Chandelier.  I already have a big painting with those colors of it.  I want to make it the focal point of the room, but across from the painting is the fireplace. Which it has some major issues.  The room has high ceiling but it has a fireplace that has a long strip of mirror in the middle of it. All the windows are right beside the fireplace. I can't do anything to it since we are under a budget.  So, I am thinking of covering the mirror with something.  I was thinking of long cast iron wall decor on top of it.  But it might seem too much.  Please help!   

Shirley

Answer
Hi Shirley,

Great question, and thanks for sending along a photo.  

"Covering" the mirror is the best option since you are not at a point to remove it.  And since you are going for a Tuscan feel in the space, using iron is an excellent solution.  

If you have a problem finding a large piece of iron, you could consider covering the mirror with fabric or decorative paper (as a base) and adding the iron on top of that.  

Best,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik