Decorating & Furniture/Granite Color Selection

Question
We have a kitchen about 15'x22' with an island about 3'x11' in the middle. We have cherry colored Burch cabinets and brazillian cherry solid wood floor. We have been trying to select a granite color. We started with black like black galaxy, absolute black etc and soon decied not to get black due to comments about the difficulty in keping it clean (finger prints....). We are now looking at Ubatuba (greenish) or Aztic brown. We will have stainless steel appliances. What granite color would you suggest.

Answer
Hi Jacob,

While granite color is a personal decision, either of the shades you describe above would be beautiful with your cabinetry.  Here are a couple of things you should consider before making your final choice.  If you are planning to resell the home at some point, then going with the Aztec Brown is the safer choice.  While granite is granite, the Ubatuba green is more of a personalized color choice and may not be as appealing to the masses.  

Having said all that, the greenish tones in the Ubatuba appeal to my design sense because of the cherry color in the woods.  Green and red are color opposites on the color wheel and make for a beautiful combination.

Hope this helps rather than make the decision harder.  Basically you can't lose here with these two granite samples.

Best,
Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik