Decorating & Furniture/Home Decor

I have a sofa set which have a mixture of light red and black.  And they have pillows with leopard's pattern (black and white)in one side and another side is red and black.

I want to know which colour of carpet and cartains should I buy and which colour should I paint my wall

Thanks for writing and for your questions.  

Select a wall color that is neutral (perhaps a taupe, or a putty brown) that will allow your furniture to play off of it, rather than match it.  

Your carpet should remain neutral as well.  Select a nice tight woven berber for durability and quality. You should probably opt for a color as close to your new wall color as possible. There's enough pattern and color going on with your sofa and pillows, and keeping the other planes neutral will be your best alternative.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology