Decorating & Furniture/House Exterior makeover

Hi Jenny,
I plan on taking off old wood panels that decorate the front of my house. The house was build in 1988 and it is time for external makeover. I am having a new roof installed & have my impact windows installed. I live in Broward County,FL.How do I go about finding a company that would help with the external makeover.

There are a few steps that will assist you in finding the right contractor.  First, check with any friends/neighbors who may have had remodeling done on their homes and ask for referrals.  That's really the  best way to find a good remodel contractor.  If you don't have access to referrals from friends, you may want to inquire at your local home improvement center.  The last resort is to go to the phone book and look for home remodel contractors to form a list.

Once you have a list (from any/all sources) spend the time to check them out with the Better Business Bureau, which you can access online.  Read any comments made and take heed if something sounds fishy.

Dade and Broward Counties both have professional remodel associations and organizations which have member lists you can probably access.  These remodel contractors are typically the best in the business and are a good resource for you.  Check and see if you have a group called NARI - National Association of Remodeling contractors.

Hope this gives you some avenues to find the perfect contractor.  Be sure to check licenses, any warranties offered for services and make sure the company is bonded.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology