Decorating & Furniture/House Exterior makeover

Question
Hi Jenny,
I plan on taking off old wood panels that decorate the front of my house. The house was build in 1988 and it is time for external makeover. I am having a new roof installed & have my impact windows installed. I live in Broward County,FL.How do I go about finding a company that would help with the external makeover.
Margaret

Answer
Margaret,

There are a few steps that will assist you in finding the right contractor.  First, check with any friends/neighbors who may have had remodeling done on their homes and ask for referrals.  That's really the  best way to find a good remodel contractor.  If you don't have access to referrals from friends, you may want to inquire at your local home improvement center.  The last resort is to go to the phone book and look for home remodel contractors to form a list.

Once you have a list (from any/all sources) spend the time to check them out with the Better Business Bureau, which you can access online.  Read any comments made and take heed if something sounds fishy.

Dade and Broward Counties both have professional remodel associations and organizations which have member lists you can probably access.  These remodel contractors are typically the best in the business and are a good resource for you.  Check and see if you have a group called NARI - National Association of Remodeling contractors.

Hope this gives you some avenues to find the perfect contractor.  Be sure to check licenses, any warranties offered for services and make sure the company is bonded.

Best,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik