Decorating & Furniture/Is different leather ok?

I have two taupe recliners on one wall and a brown fabric couch on the opposite wall.  I need to replace the couch and found a beautiful, comfortable dark brown leather couch that blends nicely.  However, I thought I heard you should not have two different leathers in the same room.  Can you shed some light on this?  Thanks

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your question.

The short answer is yes - different leather is ok.  

There was a time in our decorating history that everything matched.  Those days are gone (thankfully) and the trend in decor is to coordinate pieces rather than match them.  

What you describe sounds inviting and wonderful.  Go for it.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology