Decorating & Furniture/living room/dining room problem

Question
I have a living room & dining room that share walls and a staircase in between them. (High Ranch style house)there is no division, so I have to paint 1 color for both rooms.  Living room has a sofa & 2 club chairs in cardinal red, black ottoman, & black/cream cocktail ottoman.  Dining room has espresso colored square dining table w/matching chairs w/dark brown microfiber seat, natural colored oak floors & a 8x8 area rug in a very light cream w/brown & black specks. (same color carpet is in living room). I was thinking if BM Golden Tan paint would work for both rooms. Not sure what color to use for silk dupioni drapes.  Railing has white spindels, thinking of espresso handrail & posts. What do you think about all of this?  Thanking you in advance. Painter is coming next week. Janet

Answer
I think your paint choice is a good one.  You could even go a shade or two darker if you choose.  And painting both rooms the same is the best option.  

Coordinate your drapery to the room they will hang in.  

I love the idea of espresso handrail and posts!  It will tie in nicely to the dining room.

Best,
Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik