Decorating & Furniture/paint color

I have eggplant carpet in my living room, with a creamy colored leather furniture and light wood tables.  What color paints can I use to POP this room.  I am open to anything!

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your color question.  

Choose your favorite green; it's the color opposite of red (eggplant's base) and will add some spark to the space.

PS:  Once you've painted, add a darker shade of the green to the space for some added punch.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology