Decorating & Furniture/rug color to complement new mocha sectional

Question
I just bought a new contemporary styled sectional. The sectional has a chaise on one end and is very structured. The legs of the sectional are brushed metal and in a 'sleigh' (?) style. I also bought the corresponding ottoman. The color is mocha in a micro-suede.

I rent so I am trying to think of a way to add some color into my living area with a rug and some other accenting colors. I just don't really know what color, shape, or style would be best.

In the room there is an espresso colored TV stand, and two book shelves. I need some color other than brown!

Answer
neutralLR
neutralLR  
You could go with a very neutral pallette and use a cream/white rug. Then add cream/white pillows on the sectional and drapes in cream/white. If you do that you could easily accent with any bright vibrant color and switch the color throughout the year. I think a great accent color for spring/summer would be a lime green or apple green. Your accent color would be on the accessories, like artwork, vases, lamps or lampshades, a throw blanket on your chaise, or even a patterned throw pillow. This way your expensive pieces are kept neutral and your accessories can be changes when you tire of a certain accent color. Hope that helps!! Attached is a photo to show you a neutral Living Room that used accent color on a few accessories for a dramatic look.

Darlene, Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design
www.creativecarpetdesign.com
blog- www.ourcreativelife.blogspot.com

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer