Decorating & Furniture/upper bedroom/old farm house

We are remodeling an old farm house and the master bedroom has the "A", vaulted ceiling-minus the top of the A. I know where I want to place furniture, but I am undecided about how I want to decorate. I have many hand made quilts and enjoy the country charm, but not over done. I like vibrant colors, daring and yet calm. I am a working mom going into law school and this needs to be my oasis. Cheaper the better, feminine is good. Like wall paper and antiques. I am open to any suggestions.  Thank You, LJS

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for writing and for your question.  

Save yourself some time and energy now and down the road by painting rather than using wallpaper.  Select a beautiful restful color that appeals to you and paint your walls.  Add your beautiful quilts atop a wonderful solid color bed linen, complete with a tailored bed skirt and shams.  

Spend as much on your linens as you can.  You will never regret crawling into a beautifully made bed topped with your fabulous quilt.  Change the quilts from time to time to suit your mood or the season.  

By staying neutral (not white or off=white) with the wall color and the bedding, you can accent any or all of your quilts as your heart desires, and will be creating a wonderful haven for yourself at the same time.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology