Decorating & Furniture/wall color

My husband and I are planning on painting our spare bedroom, which has like a dark green carpet. We were thinkin of painting the walls like a medium shade of blue or so and he wanted to put clouds on the will eventually be a kids room. So i was wondering if that was a good idea and if it would look good with the dark green carpet? Thanks

Thanks for writing and for your question.  

I would lean toward a light blue - not pale, just not as heavy as a medium hue to keep the space airy and a bit lighter.  Clouds on the walls oould be painted in with a billowy white and even touches of pink.

It will be a great kid's space!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology