Decorating & Furniture/window treatment

Question
Doing it on a budget is not a priority.THE LIVING ROOM IS 17 FEET LONG  BY 15 FEET WIDE(ONLY 12.6 usable)Three windows are centered on the 17 foot wall. They start 10 inches from ceiling and are 8 feet wide by 1 1/2 feet deep. The couch is 7 1/2 feet long and not centered under the window-24inches right of center.How can I treat windows and not loose the light (no shutters)and make the off centered furniture not look so off centered. There is no way to rearrange furniture. Thanks for your advice.   Joan

Answer
Hi Joan,

The best solution is to hang draperies (floor to ceiling) on either side of the 3 windows covering as little as possible (to allow the light in) - more on one side than the other, thereby adjusting for the couch.  This will make the couch appear more centered with the windows.  While it won't eliminate 24 inches, it will look much more cohesive.

Best,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik