Decorating & Furniture/Drapery

Question
Good morning Darlene,

My girlfriend and I recently moved into an apartment downtown and we absolutely love it!! However, we are having difficulties choosing the colour of draperies we should use considering our furniture and decorating scheme.
We currently have a brown leather sofa and chair alongside dark espresso furniture in both the dining and living area. Our walls are painted a light brown with white trim. We are huge fans of earth tones so we are hoping to stick with that style.

My question to you is... What colour drapes do you feel would be best suited for us?

We considered going with a dark brown however we feel it could create a very dark room.

What do you feel would be a smart choice?

Sincerely,

-Dennis

Answer
My first thought would be to add a pop of color to your space. A color like apple green would be stunning, then you could add apple green accessories like throws, art, vases, etc...

However, if that is a bit scary for you and you want to stay more in the earth tones I would break up the expanse of brown with some pattern on your drapes. Something with brown & white in it. Be sure there is more white than the brown or like you said if there is too much brown it would make for a very dark room. Another option is to use white drapes. Hope this helps!

Thanks
Darlene,Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design
www.creativecarpetdesign.com
www.ourcreativelife.blogspot.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer