Decorating & Furniture/Living room with beams

Question
What would you suggest for a living room with very dark shiny beams.
I want to strip the beams to get rid of the shiny treacle like varnish, then repaint with matt a varnish, but i have no idea what colour wood will be underneath.
I want to create a neutral living room thats bright and airy, i thought creams and whites to go with my dark brown sofa then maybe an accent cushions and throws.
What can i do with the beams

Answer
Use a liquid sander on the beams and then prime them and paint them cream or white. That would be my suggestion in order to create an airy, bright, and neutral backdrop. Remember if you want a neutral room that is not boring to use alot of textures so that there is still alot of visual interest. Hope that helps!

Thanks
Darlene,Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design
www.creativecarpetdesign.com
www.ourcreativelife.blogspot.com

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer