Decorating & Furniture/Rugs in adjoining rooms

Question
Hi there,

I have an open concept home - basically the kitchen, den, breakfast room and dining room are all open to one another.  The den and dining room are seperated by a half-wall.  The same colors exist in both rooms (Taupe, gold, rust, sea green/blue) and I've found a rug that I really like.

The problem:  Which room do I put the rug into?  

I considered buying two of the same rug and putting it in both rooms but wonder if that's a bit boring. It's taken me 4 years to find a rug I like.  I'm also concerned that I won't be able to find another rug that compliments either space as well as this one.

Suggestions/advice would really be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Answer
Hi

You are correct that putting 2 of the same rug would be boring and too matchy-matchy. Instead I would use the print rug that you like in one room and then do a solid color rug in the other room. Just make sure that you use one of the dominant colors from the other rug...that way it will coordinate without looking boring. Hope that helps!

Darlene,Owner/Designer
Creative Carpet Design
www.creativecarpetdesign.com

Decorating & Furniture

Darlene Farmer